Know Before You Go
As you may know, some areas of British Columbia are currently dealing with wildfires. However, British Columbia is a very large and diverse province, and there are many areas that are not impacted and are open for business.
- A campfire ban is in effect for the Southeast Fire Centre area.
- Check DriveBC.ca for major road events such as delays, closures and suggested detours.
- If venturing into the backcountry, please take extra caution as much of the Search and Rescue teams have been deployed to wildfire support and thereby resources are stretched.
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY VISITING THE PROVINCE OR PLANNING A TRIP, PLEASE CHECK THE FOLLOWING RESOURCES FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION:
General information updates, evacuation alerts and orders:
Information about emergencies in BC, including evacuation orders & alerts.
BC Government Wildfire Status
Drive BC is your source for information about road closures, major events and transportation delays.
BC Parks Wildfire Updates
National Parks: Glacier, Kootenay
Recreation Sites and Trails BC:
Recreation Sites and Trails offers alerts, closures and warnings regarding BC's rustic campsites and recreational trails.
Forest Use Restrictions
Air Quality Health Index - What's the Air Like Today?:
Check the BC Ministry of Environment website for updates on the Air Quality Health index.
We Recommend that you:
- Call your airline to ensure they are operating within your chosen destination.
- Check DriveBC to plan your route and adapt your itinerary as needed.
- Check with Community Visitor Centres to help with trip planning, alternative routes and reservation changes.
- Call the businesses that you have made reservations with - operators can give you up-to-date information about the conditions around their property.
- Follow the above social media accounts for the latest news.