DescriptionThe terrain at Fernie is uniquely suited to take full advantage of the abundance of snow. Five vast, glorious alpine bowls spill down from the serrated limestone ridge of the Lizard Range. Fernie skiers and riders are still talking about the new Polar Peak lift, installed 2011/12 ski season, it increases the resort's vertical by 222 metres (740 ft) to a substantial 1,065 m (3,550 ft). And, the Polar Peak lift provides skiers and boarders access to the 'above treeline' experience off the summit of one of the highest peaks in the Lizard Range. This new area has added over 20 new runs for the resort. It's no wonder, Fernie Alpine Resort was awarded 'Best North American Resort' at the 2012 World Snow Awards in London.
WHAT'S NEW? 2017/2018 UPDATES:
- Local shuttle service between town and resort runs Dec 21 to April 8.
- Two new grooming cats, a winch cat and a free groomer will make it nice for ripping cruisers, plus two new snow guns to keep that pow fresh.
- More space to rip on Arrow (blue #55) & Bow (blue #52) with some tree removal. Other areas getting gladed are - Surprise trees and Timber Bowl, NE Glades, Steep and Deep, Stag Leap, Skydive Traverse.
- Yoga on the Mountain - weekly classes held in Lizard Creek Lodge. Classes run on Wednesdays & Saturdays.
- Join in on a guided snowshow tour around the resort, then afterwards visit Cirque in Lizard Creek Lodge to pair your snowshoeing with a pasta/wine dinner (Tuesdays) or raclette (Fridays).
- The Bear Chair has a complete gear box rebuild and the Elk Chair. Other upgrades include The White Pass Chair.
Dec 2, 2017 to April 15, 2018
2017/18 Lift Tickets
$104.95 Adult (18+)
$83.95 Senior (65+)
$78.95 Youth (13-17)
$41.95 Child (6-12)
5 years & under ski free
(rates do not include tax)
1,065 m / 3,550 ft - Vertical 2,504
Acres skiable area 11 m / 37 ft
Cross-Country: 12 km (7.5 mi) groomed trails adjacent to the resort
Facilities: Ski Shop, restaurants, bars, lounge, rental shop, day care, ski school, sleigh rides, general store, central guest check-in, shuttle between downtown and resort
Accommodation: On-mountain and in town accommodation
To complement the over 2,500 acres, an amazing 1,065 m (3,550 ft) of vertical and five bowls filled with amazing skiing and riding fun, Fernie has all kinds of activities for all ages including the new Winter Skills Course, Kids Wings Program, Kids Apres and Geocaching! Try out the latest craze in winter adventure, with the new zipline ride, available during the holiday season. With constant dedication to the mountain conditions and 29 feet of annual snowfall pounding down on the mountain, new for this winter is enhanced on-mountain signage and also an enhanced trail map that now highlights the diverse terrain across the 5 bowls.
Fernie is known for featuring live musical acts on a regular basis as a committed part to local culture and arts. New to the musical venues at the resort is the Lost Boys Cafe where music from local musicians can be enjoyed over a delicious Mogul Smoker at the top of the mountain! Outstanding, value priced Ski & Stay packages are available. Choose from a variety of accommodations including ski-in ski-out, downtown, townhouse/condo, bed & breakfast or private home rentals.