Revelstoke is a railway city!
Discover Revelstoke’s deep railway root and colourful railway history at the Revelstoke Railway Museum.
At the museum, you can:
- Learn about Revelstoke’s deep railway roots
- Relax at the large green space and picnic area, and tour the rail yard of historic equipment
- Enjoy the huge model railway featuring highlights of our region
- Marvel at the huge and majestic 5468 steam locomotive, one of the CPR’s largest
- Try your hand at running a diesel locomotive in our simulator
- Explore the elevator-accessible mezzanine floor exhibits
- Shop at the museum store for a unique souvenir or book
- Visit the nearby ‘The Last Spike’, 50 kms west on Highway 1 – a seasonal attraction.
Special Exhibit – featured until the end of December 2021
Works of Art: Cherished Memories of a Father’s Career, created by ExpoRail in Montreal.
The exhibit features over two dozen paintings by Alice Macredie of major railway construction projects in which her father played a pivotal role.
Open daily May through mid-October, 9 am to 4 pm.